Kenya Math


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Look at my new money! Today I went to the bank to get some Kenya shillings. One US dollar is equal to about 68 Kenya shillings. So, today I bought a t-shirt for 930 Kenya shillings and a pair of earrings for 700 Kenya shillings. How much money did I spend?

(I’m asking you because I have no idea! It all seems like Monopoly money to me!)


2 Responses to “Kenya Math”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    1 T-Shirt...$13.00, 1 pair of earrings...$10.00, chance to frolic with zebras...PRICELESS

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    My students and I solved this math problem on Friday. We thought you spent your money well. We check for new postings each morning and are enjoying learning about your adventure and the zebras. Can't wait for more!
    Kathy Cipollone

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


  • Hi! My name is Shayne Russell, and I'm the Library Media Specialist at Kenneth R. Olson Middle School in Tabernacle, NJ. Come along with me on an adventure to Kenya, Africa! We will be working as volunteer researchers, side-by-side with scientists who are studying the endangered Grevy's Zebra. Let's see what research looks like... outside of the library!

Photos from the Field


A herd of Grevy's Zebras grazing.

Zebra Day 3/2/06


Leader of the Herd

Mrs. A and Mrs. Havers

Mr. Stecher wore his zebra tie!

A good time was had by all.

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3