A little help from my friends... or something borrowed, something blue
Published Monday, March 06, 2006 by Ms. Russell | E-mail this post 

I don't think I've actually borrowed anything blue, but I sure have had more than a little help from my friends to get ready for this trip. My sister sent a carry-on bag, and I have my friend Dorothy's laptop case. Mrs. Matthews loaned me what she says is the best-ever inflatable pillow to use on the plane. I have Mrs. Moran's coat, the school district's laptop computer, Earthwatch's satellite phone, and tonight Ms. Veston came through when I sent out an urgent last-minute call for an electrical adapter. Ms. Barrett will be fielding your email questions, and Mrs. Foster will be receiving and uploading my field journals. Mrs. Dent helped me figure out how to use the satellite telephone. Mrs Grosser offered to help me pack! Mrs. Cipollone filled most of a suitcase with school and craft supplies for children in Kenya and Mrs. Kochel and Mrs. Beck added more to it. (Here's Kiva keeping watch over those supplies.) Ian donated money to buy books for kids in Kenya. Mrs. Cutt's classes explained how to recognize the three types of zebras and offered advice on how to avoid a number of dreaded diseases. And Mrs. Matthews and Ms. Veston have insisted on driving me to the airport. And now I think I'm ready... exhausted, but ready! Thanks, everyone-- I couldn't have done it without you!
Hi Shayne,
Hope the flight went well and you were able to get some rest. We were all thinking about you winging your way to Kenya and all the excitement that lies ahead. Just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts.
Be safe and have a great adventure.
Roseanne