Never do this...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




I got two new pairs of hiking boots today. The plan is to keep whichever pair is more comfortable. My expedition guide recommends boots that provide ankle protection because of snakes. I was going to take my old pair (the ones on the left), but the soles have started to disintegrate and cannot be repaired. I thought about taking them on this trip anyway, but my husband thought it would be a bad idea to have my boots fall apart in the middle of Kenya. He's got a point.

I like the pair on the right because they are the same brand as my old favorites, and they're comfortable, but they're a little too big. So the pair in the middle has just won a trip to Africa! It is never a good idea to go on a trip with a new pair of boots! But let's think about the choices... blisters from new boots or a poisonous snakebite...? Hmmmm... Okay, I'm way more likely to get the blisters than be bitten by a snake, but why risk it? I guess I needed new boots anyway!


1 Responses to “Never do this...”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Oh gosh! That is not a fun thing to do. If I were you, I would have broken them in before I had left for Kenya. That would have been a smarter thing to do... or since you got them while you were there then.. I don't know.. I'd rather have blisters than a snake bite too, but that sure would be a new experience. Not a good one anyway. Well, I hope you are having a nice time over there in Kenya... we miss you here at OMS! good luck!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


  • Hi! My name is Shayne Russell, and I'm the Library Media Specialist at Kenneth R. Olson Middle School in Tabernacle, NJ. Come along with me on an adventure to Kenya, Africa! We will be working as volunteer researchers, side-by-side with scientists who are studying the endangered Grevy's Zebra. Let's see what research looks like... outside of the library!

Photos from the Field


A herd of Grevy's Zebras grazing.

Zebra Day 3/2/06


Leader of the Herd

Mrs. A and Mrs. Havers

Mr. Stecher wore his zebra tie!

A good time was had by all.

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3