Updates from Lewa


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




March 20. I had a few minutes to access the internet this afternoon, so I posted some journal entries from last week that were missing and brought you up-to-date on some of our activities in Lewa. I have so many pictures that I want you to see! But these will probably have to wait until I am back in New Jersey to post. Internet access here is quite slow and I have put Samuel out of his office until I am done using his desk!

I've noticed that there are comments to some of the blog posts and I can't wait to read them and answer you! That might have to wait, too, unfortunately. So let's keep in touch when I get back home.

More from Lewa later.

PS-- it's raining!! Hooray!


2 Responses to “Updates from Lewa”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Finally you got some much-needed rain! I wonder how zebras react to rain. Do they run to shelter under trees? Do they stay still and let the rain fall on them? I hope the zebras are having fun in the rain!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Carley,
    It seems the rainy season has finally begun! It rained for a little while most afternoons when we were in Lewa. On our last day, it really poured, but just for a half hour or so. My guess is that if it rained hard enough, the zebras might stand under a tree if there was one around-- but otherwise they would just get wet! I hope they're having fun in the rain, too!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


  • Hi! My name is Shayne Russell, and I'm the Library Media Specialist at Kenneth R. Olson Middle School in Tabernacle, NJ. Come along with me on an adventure to Kenya, Africa! We will be working as volunteer researchers, side-by-side with scientists who are studying the endangered Grevy's Zebra. Let's see what research looks like... outside of the library!

Photos from the Field


A herd of Grevy's Zebras grazing.

Zebra Day 3/2/06


Leader of the Herd

Mrs. A and Mrs. Havers

Mr. Stecher wore his zebra tie!

A good time was had by all.

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3