More Technology
Published Thursday, April 27, 2006 by Ms. Russell | E-mail this post 
I got an email the other day from a school librarian I met (well, virtually, anyway) through an online Rutgers course. His students are studying endangered species and he has been doing some experimenting with podcasting. He wanted to know if I would be interested in doing a Skype interview and answering some questions about zebras for his kids. Who could turn down a request like that?
So here's a
clip of Ilia Kirstein and I talking zebras for the kids at South Orange Elementary School. Ilia's not happy with the way he sounds, and I didn't realize I talked so fast... but all that aside, it's way cool that it's possible to do things like this!
This is terrific.
Was it hard to set up? Can you pls explain technically how it was done, so that other educators returning might do an interview and post to a blog?
Thanks!
Meg Warren
Earthwatch Institute
Meg,
Well... it wasn't hard for me because all I did was talk to Ilia on the phone and then post the link he sent me. He did all the work! My advice to other Teach Live teachers is to make friends with a podcaster!