The Adventure Continues


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





Meet Ms. Barrett and Ms. Brown, two New Jersey teachers who will be in Wamba in less than two weeks. What will they be doing there? Studying zebras, of course! Today the three of us got together for satellite phone lessons. As you can see from the picture, Ms. Brown was able to successfully place a phone call to Ms. Barrett, who was sitting right next to her. Let's hope it works as well from Africa!

Ms. Brown, Ms. Barrett, and a third American teacher will be part of a research team with 4 Kenyan teachers during a two-week Earthwatch experience in Kenya. You will be able to read about their trip and ask them questions during their expedition. I will have the privilege of receiving and posting their photos and journal entries, which they will upload to a server for me using the satellite phone. They're a little nervous about the technology (I was too when I was in their place!), but I'm sure everything will work out just fine.

Let's head over to their site to see what they're up to. I know I'm interested in seeing what Wamba is like during a different time of year, and finding out how my zebra friends are doing!


0 Responses to “The Adventure Continues”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


  • Hi! My name is Shayne Russell, and I'm the Library Media Specialist at Kenneth R. Olson Middle School in Tabernacle, NJ. Come along with me on an adventure to Kenya, Africa! We will be working as volunteer researchers, side-by-side with scientists who are studying the endangered Grevy's Zebra. Let's see what research looks like... outside of the library!

Photos from the Field


A herd of Grevy's Zebras grazing.

Zebra Day 3/2/06


Leader of the Herd

Mrs. A and Mrs. Havers

Mr. Stecher wore his zebra tie!

A good time was had by all.

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3